Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bagel Bonanza

I love bagels.  I love them because they are round.  I love them slathered in cream cheese.  I know they have very little nutritional value, but that doesn't stop me.

Last week my husband complained that I hadn't made a bread in a while.  The reason I haven't made bread is because fresh-from-the-oven baguettes disappear quickly around here.  Nonetheless, I had a plan to try bagels to make up for insisting that we eat lentils all week.

I used Matt Monson's recipe: http://www.katheats.com/?page_id=1761

As you can see in the photos, I need a little more practice making them perfectly round (or not like pac man), but they are great.

2 comments:

  1. The bagels look so good!

    I wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway!!

    Please email me with all of your information so I can have them sent to you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already won something? I have to start giving stuff away on my blog. Tervis Tumblers, eh?

    ReplyDelete

photo 1-1 photo 1-2