Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How To Use Leftover Chicken - An Excuse to Eat Nachos


I will confess that 75% of the reason I roasted a chicken this weekend was to get the leftovers.  Chicken dinner is good and all, but I really only like it on the first day.  Yesterday, armed with the remains of the chicken, a super sharp knife, and a big pot, the real fun started.

Later in the week I'll get to the joys of homemade chicken stock and pot pie, because today we have nachos.

About a cup and a half of shredded chicken went into a saucepan with buffalo wing sauce and simmered for about 15 minutes, to infuse the flavors and heat it through.

On a foil lined baking sheet I layered tortilla chips, the buffalo chicken, shredded cheese, and a sprinkle of green onions.

The whole thing went under the broiler for a couple minutes until it was hot and bubbling and some of the chips were starting to brown on the edges.  I love toasty chips.

After removing from the oven, I topped them with half a chopped avocado, and served with blue cheese on the side.

You'll find me sipping peppermint tea for the rest of the day, and I promise I'll have a healthy recipe soon!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like something you should make your favorite brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete

photo 1-1 photo 1-2