Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Butternut Squash Barley Risotto Cakes

You remember the Butternut Squash and Barley Risotto from earlier this week?  If you make it, you will remember it for a long time because it makes a ton.  I love leftovers, but this quantity was a little daunting, even for me.  These risotto cakes mix the leftovers up a bit, so it feels like a whole new meal. 

Risotto Cakes

yield- about 15 cakes

about a third of the Butternut Squash and Barley Risotto leftover
1 egg
canola oil

Mix beaten egg into leftover risotto. 
Heat canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Drop spoonfuls of risotto onto hot pan and cook for about 5-8 minutes a side, until crispy. 
I had some trouble keeping my cakes together, my risotto was a little wet, so I transferred the completed cakes onto a baking sheet and stuck them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  This firmed them up. 
Serve garnished with Parmesan or goat cheese.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

photo 1-1 photo 1-2