Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Curried Broccoli Couscous

This is one of those recipes I always come back to.  It's a nice change from the usual Italian or Greek flavored cold salads, and has some of my favorite ingredients (broccoli and feta).  In case you haven't noticed, I like to top almost everything with at least a little cheese. I would make an unsuccessful vegan. 

Curried Couscous with Broccoli and Feta
recipe from Cooking Light
Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked couscous (I used whole wheat)
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (I probably used about double)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup shredded carrot (I grated the carrots on my large microplane grater)
1/4 cup raisins
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.  Add couscous, remove from heat, and cover for at least 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Steam the broccoli florets until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. 

In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chickpeas, and cooked couscous.
Mix dressing ingredients (vinegar through salt) in a separate bowl and pour over vegetable mixture.  I used a mason jar for mixing my dressing, and shook to combine.  No whisk necessary!


Toss in feta and raisins for serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

photo 1-1 photo 1-2