In our first pickup we have: green leaf lettuce, broccoli rabe, bok choy, garlic scapes, scallions, sugar snap peas and radishes. Aside from a lot of big salads, I'm planning a stir fry and made the white bean garlic scape dip below.
White Bean and Garlic Scapes Dip
recipe from Tangerini's Farm
- 1/3 cup sliced garlic scapes (3 to 4)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, more to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling.
Add cannellini beans and process to a purée.
With motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil through feed tube and process until smooth.
Add more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice, if desired.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
This has some garlic bite to it, so don't be the only one eating it on a date!